Monday, November 2, 2009

Disney's Tiffany Thornton: November 14 at the Worcester Sharks


Tiffany Thornton can't wait to meet her Massachusetts' fans!

On Sat. Nov. 14, there will be a celebrity signing and appearance by Tiffany Thornton
from the Disney Channel's "Sonny with a Chance" at the Worcester Sharks Hockey Game!

Visit the Sharks' Web site to find out how you can meet Tiffany in person and get your own photo and autograph with her:

http://www.sharksahl.com/


baystateparent recently chatted with Tiffany about her upcoming visit to Massachusetts. She was down-to-earth, sweet,articulate, and so adorable.


Tiffany Thornton, age 23, of Texas plays 15ish-year-old beauty queen, Tawni Hart, on the hit Disney show, Sonny with a Chance, with singer/actress, Demi Lovato. She tells us that she has already bought her winter coat to come to Massachusetts!



Parents don't always get a chance to watch TV with their kids. What can you tell parents about your character on "Sonny with a Chance?"
The good thing about the show is that Tawni is not a hateful person. She feels threatened by Sonny's character and likes to be the center of attention. As the episodes go, we see more sides of her. In one show that we just taped, we see how she was hurt by her mother. It's nice that the writers are including that side of her more. The wall is coming down more between Sonny and Tawni. Also Tawni doesn't have a filter; she says what she wants to say. That's unlike me.

We are acting. It's an exaggeration of a personality.


You are 23, but you play a young teen on the show:
That's what acting is all about. It's about pretending. Demi turned 17, and she keeps me young.

What do your fans usually want to know about you? A lot of them want me to say hello to Demi. So many little girls come up to me and say 'Check it Out' and 'Big Hit.' I love kids, and I love meet and greets. It makes it more personable. They can tell that Tawni is just a character when they meet me.

Since you have a strong fan-base of tweens, what can you tell them about how teen life is portrayed on the show compared to how teen life really is?
The most important thing is that we are playing on TV. We are taking one trait and expanding it for entertainment purposes. It's a different world. Sonny is about people on a TV show. That is a whole different role. We are playing like kids would be playing house.

Can you comment about how your character values appearance so much on the show? What can you tell a young girl who is watching every move you make on the show and comparing herself to you? We are fortunate to work for Disney. We don't wear things that are revealing, but we are fashion forward, and Tawni wears a lot of colors. We wear more jewelery on the show than in real life because we want it to pop. Self-confidence is what is really important through getting involved in school and church and surrounding yourself with people who make you feel good.


What were your preteen and teen years like?

When I grew up, we didn't have "money." I had a normal run in my teenage years. I was a cheerleader in my high school in Texas. I had a bunch of friends. I was blessed. I was raised by my grandparents for half of my life. Grandparents love to spoil their grandchildren, and I got to live with them in junior high and high school. I was involved with singing in my church. I have a passion for singing. It's important for kids to find that.

What shows did you watch as a teen?
I loved shows like the Food Network because I try to learn new recipes. Also When "Shark Week" comes out, watch out! I also used to watch Friends.

Have you ever visited Massachusetts before? What did you think? I have never been to Boston or Massachusetts. I am really excited to go there. I will be at the Macy's Parade in New York City with Kermit the Frog on Thanksgiving. Then I will be in Boston for the Tree Lighting with Kermit, the day after Thanksgiving. We are singing "I Believe In Santa Claus" in the parade and at the tree lighting in Boston.


Will you have time to sight-see when you come to Massachusetts in a few weeks?
We start the second season of Sunny on Nov. 9th, and then I go on a Red Eye to Boston and do a Meet and Greet at the Sharks. I leave after that and go right back to LA. I am on Red Eyes a lot in November. I won't be sleeping much except on planes.

What are your future plans?
Eventually I hope that Sonny makes a movie...wherever God takes me. I have prayed a lot about my career and where it's going. I am hoping Sonny will go as long as it can. I feel comfortable and safe with this company, with Disney.

No comments: