Thursday, September 20, 2007

Monson Girl to Sing With Girl Authority Saturday at 2 p.m. at KidsFest at Wachusett Mountain

DANCER GIRL
Congrats to Bailey Medeiros, 10, of Monson. She is one of the two grand prize winners in Bay State Parent magazine's "Sing & Dance with Girl Authority Contest." Bailey will sing and dance with the pop group of nine girls Saturday at 2 p.m. at KidsFest at Wachusett Mountain in Princeton. If she could be the 10th member of Girl Authority, Bailey said she would be "Dancer Girl."
In her essay, she wrote," Though I am a lot of things, being a dancer describes me best. I dance at my studio, Dance Attack, in Monson. I am on the team so I dance hard and so much. I dance on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I study many different styles like jazz, tap, lyrical, acro, and modern. I do so many dances and I have to perform them at competitions throughout my dance year When at a competition I get judged by judges who are professional teachers, dancers and choreographers. Normally, I get awarded either a gold, high gold, or platinum, which is Awesome! Dancing is what I do best and because being on the dance team costs so much money, I have to continue to get good grades or my parents will not pay for it. I love to dance so much and I know I am right for this contest because I am a great performer and would really enjoy dancing with Girl Authority. I would remember it as I dance throughout my life. I will dance forever and when I grow up and go to college I plan to go to a dance academy to become a dance teacher and Broadway performer. I know that I will pursue my dream."



Bailey, submitted a photo of her modelling dancewear in a dance catalog.
Congrats Bailey!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!!!! i am the other winner,gianna. good luck today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats Bailey!!!!! i am the other winner, gianna. GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks gianna, i hope you had a fun time. I know i did. I will never forget singin' with girl authority. It was a blast and i am glad we both got the chance to have that experience. Good job. also winner of girl authority contest, bailey medeiros

Anonymous said...

yeah i did have fun i will never forget either it was awesome!!!!! i saw your pictures on the site today coolio!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like you did have fun. hopefully another experiance like this will come around again. c ya l8tr!!!!!