1. It is the oldest and largest Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in the nation
2. Since 1993, more than 340,000 Massachusetts walkers have raised $33.2 million
3. In 2006, 88 cents of every dollar raised in Boston directly supported the American Cancer Society's fight against breast cancer. Net funds are devoted to research (40 percent), early detection (45 percent), and patient support (15 percent).
4. More than 50,000 breast cancer survivors are estimated to have walked in Boston.
5. The goal of this year's walk is to raise $3 million.
How You Can Help
1. Donate to the American Cancer Society. Mailing address is: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, 9 Riverside Road,Weston,02493-2281
2. Support a walker or team of walkers.
3. Walk yourself on Sunday, Oct 14. Rolling registration starts at 8 a.m. and continues until 10 at the Hatch memorial Shell at the Charles River Esplanade in Boston. There are two routes a 5.7 mile of a 3 mile For more information, visit http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&frid=3496