The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firms named below, today announced a voluntary recall about 1,000 pacifiers decorated with crystals. These pacifiers fail to meet federal safety standards for pacifiers. The pacifiers' crystals can separate easily, posing an aspiration and ingestion hazard to young children. There were no reports of injuries. The recall involves pacifiers that were purchased from stores, decorated with Swarovski crystals, then resold to consumers. The crystals were glued on the pacifier's handle and guard. They come indifferent colors and designs. The list below lists additional information about the products sold. Sold at:
* Dara Linda's Baby Bling and Jewelry Design, http://www.jewelryandbabyblingbydara.com/, Call collect: 954-600-8988,E-mail: email@example.com
* Baby Bling Swarovski Crystal Pacifiers Ebay.com and Etsy.com from June 2006 through March 2007 for between $1and $40.
* Bling Toes, http://www.blingtoes.com/, Call collect: 815-718-1280, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Baby Bling Swarovski Crystal Pacifiers Etsy.com from January 2007 through February 2007 for about $35. Baby Bling Things, Call collect: 920-832-9161, e-mail: Blingthings4you@yahoo.com,http://www.myspace.com/babyblingthingsbowtique
* Bling SwarovskiPacifiers Ebay.com and Etsy.com from July 2006 through March 2007 forbetween $15 and $35. PeaNapod Bling and Accessories, Call collect: 260-422-3630, Ebay Web site: PeaNapod Bling and Accessories, e-mail: email@example.com
* BlingPacifiers Ebay.com from September 2006 through February 2007 forbetween $10 and $30. MJM Crystal Designs, Call collect: 561-715-9591, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Binkies by Bossman Ebay.com from December 2006 through March 2007 for between $10 and $12.
(Note: Although these products were advertised by third parties as Swarovski products or containing Swarovski crystals, Swarovski does not manufacture these products or endorse their use.)
Consumers should take these pacifiers away from young children immediately and contact the firm for instructions on obtaining a full refund.