Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April Hail? April Sleet? I Think I'd Prefer Snow!

Okay, I hate the rain!
I have never been a fan of it.
But this morning's weather was worse than rain.
I had just dropped my daughter off at school this morning, when it started hailing & then sleeting ice.
I know it's April, but I'll take a couple of inches of the white fluffy snow rather than this cold icy rain hitting me and my car this morning.
Better yet, I'm sure it won't be long before I encounter one of those hot, hazy, humid 90 degree-plus days.
Because as most Bay Staters know ...
It's not April Showers Bring May Flowers but rather ...
long, cold winters, followed by long, cold rain storms, and then unbearable heat.
Spring, TYPICALLY, rarely makes an appearance here in Massachusetts.
It must be why Autumn is my favorite season!

No comments: