Well, the weather doesn't seem to be improving, so here are 7 INDOOR ideas for things to do with the kids tomorrow (Wednesday, April 18):
* Preschool guided storytime, crafts activities and live animals at the EcoTarium at 222 Harrington Way in Worcester beginning at 10:30 a.m. Kids play and parents relax. Free coffee, cocoa and snacks courtesy of Starbucks. This storyhour is free with Museum admission. Admission is $10 adults, $8 children ages 3-18. For more information visit http://www.ecotarium.org/
* Invention Convention at the Children's Discovery Museums in Acton starting at 10 a.m. Children can design their own invention prototype with recycled materials. Admission is $8 per person. For more information, visit http://www.discoverymuseums.org/.
* Diane Kordas Romper Rhythm and Puppets show at the Hudson Public Library, 3 Washington Street, in Hudson at 2 p.m. The show features Sir George and the Dragon. It is a fun and exciting medieval tale with Diane's trademark humor and audience participation. For more information call 978-568-9645 or visit http://www.hudsonpubliclibrary.com/.
* Fairy Houses, Fairy Moon performance at Providence Children's Museum at Providence, RI at 1 and 2 p.m. Artist Maria Sangiolo combines literature, music, song, and play into an inspiring and imaginative performance for children. Maria's songs enhance "Fairy House" by Tracy Kane, a story of a girl's adventure as she travels to Maine and takes part in the tradition of building fairy houses. Children, ages 3-11, can build their own fairy houses using natural materials, inspiring creativity and imagination. $Admission to the museum is $6.50 per person. For more information, call 401-273-KIDS or visit http://www.childrenmuseum.org/.
* Miniature Kite Building Workshop at the Wenham Museum on main Street in Wenham at 3 p.m. The workshop features Glenn Davison, master kite designer, builder, author and Director of Kites Over New England Kite Club. Admission is $6.50 adults, $4.50 children ages 2-16. Preregistration may be required. Please call, 978-468-2377 or visit http://www.wenhammuseum.org/ for more information.
* Scott Kepnes Family Concert at St. Mark's Episcopal Church at 75 Cold Spring Road in Westford at 10 a.m. A fun, funky folk-rock concert with this favorite storyteller & songwriter for children of all age. The artist encourages audience participation. Tickets at the door are $9. For more information, call 978-692-4544.
* The Stupendous Mr. Magichead performance at Congregation B'nai Shalom at 117 East Main Street in Westorough at 10 a.m. This magic show is appropriate for children ages 3+. All proceeds to benefit the non-profit JFS of Worcester. Tickets at the door are $5 each. For more information, call 508-755-3101.
Check this blog tomorrow for Thursday picks!