Continue the celebration of Earth Day and connect with nature this Sunday, April 27 at the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary in Topsfield. There will be ongoing activities from 10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. including:
* Join one of the sanctuary docents at a vernal pool to look for frogs, salamanders, and their eggs.
* Observe nesting bluebirds and tree swallows through our spotting scope, and talk with our docent to learn how you can attract these beautiful birds to your yard.
* Guided Nature Walks: These walks are FREE to members and and to nonmembers with regular admission - and last about 60 minutes.)
* 11 a.m. Observation Tower at Bunker Meadows: Take a walk to the observation tower at Bunker Meadows to look for waterfowl, herons, egrets, and more wetland wildlife.
* 1 p.m. Rockery Pond: Walk here to discover beaver lodges and dams!
For more information visit www.massaudubon.org/ipswichriver